From Whites Norfolk Directory 1854

Waxham, 5 miles E. of Stalham, and 14 miles N. by W. of Yarmouth, has in its parish 76 souls, 15 houses, and 1,968 acres of land, including Little Waxham which comprises 206 acres of land, and was anciently a large parish, but its village and church (St. Margaret) were destroyed by the encroachments of the sea, several centuries ago.

The Hon. John Ashley is land owner, and the lord of the manor of Waxham, and Robt. Gilbert, Esq. is lord of the manor of Little Waxham, and patron of the rectory, valued in the King,s book at £6 13 4d.., and in 1831 at £300, with the vicarage of Palling annexed to it. The Rev. Henry Ready, M A. is the incumbent. The church is an ancient edifice, dedicated to St. John. The tithes of Waxham are commuted for £343 6s. per annum, but Little Waxham is tithe free.

Directory - Saml. Cubit, Alfred Gibbs, Henry Harvey -Warren Farm, John Tuck and Hy. Whitaker, farmers.